Monday, April 1, 2013

Today's Class and Other Randoms

Today in class we had a speaker, Mark Harris. He is from Australia and I loved his accent! He talked about GESA and I thought it seemed like a good idea. He also talked a lot about Australia. I think I'd like to live there....I mean, their minimum wage is at least double what we make here. But with the good comes bad, and quite frankly 120 dollars for a pair of shoes just isn't worth it. I also read the Dog Poems and I really didn't get anything out of them other than it's a dog and it's free. I have a hard time analyzing poems until I'm around people who put in their input. Since dropping my math class I've found it easier to make time for blogs and reading the novel. I'm still finding it hard to read the novel along with the other readings we're assigned, reading my history book, and reading my sociology book...

Also, I've gotten over my "ready to be out of college" phase. Winter break gave me a taste of reality that I .thought I was ready for. Turns out I'm not even the slightest ready. I've just realized I need to take my time and not over stress myself. I'm thankful for this class though, because Sweeney is a very understanding professor and that helps.

2 comments:

  1. You did good job on your first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm saying. I just want everything to slow down and be reassured my life is going to be okay!

    ReplyDelete